. . .there are many kind, elderly women at the grocery store to remind me. After hearing a few comments of shock and disbelief as Stockton opened every freezer door (though not touching any food, mind you), I decided just to smile at the old ladies who were clearly giving me looks of reproof. But, unfortunately, when Stockton accidently knocked over an entire crate of pickles, breaking every jar, my smile turned to tears. I think the old ladies found satisfaction in the fact that I was sufficently humbled.
9 years ago
8 comments:
Oh! That is horrible. Those ladies were just being mean. They've clearly forgotten what it is like to have small children! Boo to them!
Oh my... I can't stand those old ladies!! The other day one told me I really should consider buckling up my kids in the cart because they were going to get into trouble running around the store (grrr...) I wasn't as nice as you though, and asked her if she got into everyones business that wasn't her own. The look on her face was priceless! I think SHE was sufficiently humbled that day. And it's the grocery stores fault for leaving the pickles in Stockten's way, not his :)
oh no, thats so awful. I'm not sure what i would do. Its a good story though! ha ha ha
ditto on the grocery store being stupid...i did that crap for way too long and we made sure that stuff like that could no happen...serves em right! sure you won't eat a pickle the same ever again huh?!
Oh pickle juice! Those mean old ladies.
I would have cried too.
That is horable those ladies have forgotten how hard is is to be a mother. Whenever I take my daughter swimming I have people tell me all day that I need to place more sunscreen on Madison. The thing is I place it on her like every ten minutes (she has sensitive skin) She just looks red when she's out in the sun, but she is fine and I know that. ERRRRR!!! I think they just need to mind their own business.
Yummy- I am really into pickles these days. AND I love toddlers. But mostly I just noticed your last post, and I am thrilled for you. Let me know if you come across any great books on how we are going to survive this next round of munchkins. I just picked one up at the library called "Twin Sense". I'll let you know if it's encouraging or not worth the stress. Congrats; we're really excited for you!
Good times, good times. Just today Lilly dropped a glass bottle of salad dressing at the store which luckily did not break. She also likes to play hide and seek at the store, but doesn't want me to find her. Just think . . .in 2 years you'll get to take TWIN toddlers to the grocery store!
Post a Comment