Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Heist

Our family had a bit of unusual excitement yesterday. My parents' house was burglarized, but luckily, the thieves were caught and minimal damage was done. It kind of scares me to think about the what-ifs (mostly if someone or I had been in the house--I often go to my parents house during the day), but at the same time I feel very grateful to the wonderful neighbors and policemen that stopped anything too tragic from happening.

Here's the story:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Alert-neighbors-stop-crime-spree/AmIr_gHuWUSxUKO9AtpZ4g.cspx

4 comments:

Baby Monet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faires Bears and Toads said...

Sorry... just posted under a different blog name so, I deleted it and leaving it under my home blog name. :)

HOLY COW! What a stroke of complete luck that the burglar was apprehended on the spot. That kind of gives me the creeps though. Thank heavens your parents have very alert neighbors.

The Harpers said...

Scary!! Thank goodness for good neighbors!

Lisa said...

Wow that's crazy! I hope that I can be a good neighbor if something like that ever happened up here. Because I'm home all the time I see when and who comes and goes a lot. I'm so glad they caught those crooks! Hope you are doing well. Your girls must be so big now. We need to get together.