Friday, December 6, 2013

Stockton Gets Stitches

I'm actually surprised that we haven't had this experience yet, but Stockton got stitches a few weeks ago.  The ironic thing is that he wasn't even rough-housing when it happened.  He was walking next to the coffee table and tripped on a blanket that was on the floor and hit the edge of his ear on the coffee table.  I was upstairs when it happened but luckily Clark was right with him.  When I came down, all I saw was a trail of blood from the living room to the bathroom. 
 
Stockton was hysterical and worried that he would die because he lost so much blood.  We reassured him that he was going to be fine and told him that he would just need stitches.  For some reason, the thought of stitches put him into a panic.  No one close to us has ever got stitches in Stockton's lifetime but he was scared to death to get stitches.  When we got the E.R. the doctor decided to give him a stronger anesthesia because he was so anxious.  That was probably a wise decision.   

Waiting for the doctor:

The damage.  This actually looks a little better than when it first happened:
 
After he got stitched but before he woke from the anesthesia:
 
Waking up.  This is what made a 2-hour trip to the E.R. a 5-hour trip.  He kept throwing up afterwards and we couldn't leave until he was able to keep some juice down.  Stockton was completely out of it.  He said the funniest things.  First, he said to Clark, "Dad I need a kiss," which was really sweet.  But then he said, "When will I be regular again?" "Will you wait with me until I'm regular again?" "I want to feel like I'm eight years-old again." "Dad, you sound like your 34.  You need to get back to 37."  Poor kid. 
 
What Stockton's ear looked like when we left.


1 comments:

Lisa said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurts! I got your Christmas card today. So excited for your little baby boy!