Monday, April 28, 2008

Baltimore and Boston

This past week Clark and I had the opportunity to go to Baltimore and Boston. Clark had business outside of Baltimore and a few places in Massachussetts, so we decided to make a holiday out of it, and luckily, Grandma Ginger was willing to watch Stockton while we were gone.

We first went to Baltimore for a quick visit and stayed with our friends Lisa and Cody. It was really fun hanging out with them. Lisa was my own personal tour guide and took me to see the sights of downtown Baltimore. I really enjoyed it because I had never been there before and because it was fun to catch up with Lisa. We were only in Baltimore a day before heading to Boston. We had such a fun time there as well, and the weather was perfect! Most days were between 75 and 80 degrees! We did the typical tourist things: visiting Lexington and Concord, visiting Salem and the witch museums, walking the Freedom Trail, and visiting Harvard and MIT. One thing we did that we especially liked was driving up to Sharon, Vermont to see the birthplace of Joseph Smith. It is about a two hour drive from Boston, and there isn't much to see in the town, but the area is so beautiful and the spirit is so strong there. It was a really neat experience. Since we were up in that direction we also stopped by Dartmouth College.


Here are a few pictures:

7 comments:

Laura said...

So, I just refreshed your page, only to find a beautiful backdrop. How'd you do it? Beautiful, beautiful.

Love.

Nicole M said...

Maquel!! Oh my gosh I didn't even know you had a blog! Thanks for saying hi. You look so cute and your little boy is darling. It will be fun to see what you're up to!

Lisa said...

I love the pics Maquel! I'm so glad you had fun on the rest of your trip. We have a picture of Tucker stuck in the stocks(?) just like Clark is. Your curly hair is darling! Thanks for coming to visit us!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Hey Maquel! How fun to see your blog! Looks like you guys have been in some fun trips lately! Lucky! Stockton is adorable and what a fun name! Thanks for saying HI!

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

How fun to go on trips! I am so Jealous! :) I am ready to go anywhere to get out of this forever long winter!

Kris and Sarah said...

How fun! Trip's are so great, especially now. It's so cold. I love your pictures!!

Alysha said...

What a fun trip with such great sights! Tucker and I could really use a couple of days with the little ones as well. :) How nice was it to see Lisa too-it's great having friends all over the place!