Thursday, April 3, 2008

Seattle/Portland Trip . . . (and Forks)

This past week Clark and I went to Seattle to visit our good friends, Dave and Bianca. We also drove from there down to Portland on business for Clark. It was a really fun trip and I especially liked it because I have never been anywhere in the northwest. We also made one little sidetrip to the inconsequential town of Forks. Most of you have proably read or at least heard of Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer; well, Forks is the little town where the series takes place. If I'm being completely honest (even at risk of embarrassment), I am a little obsessed over the books. I figured since I was up in Seattle already, I might as well drive over to Forks and check it out. Luckily, I have a very agreeable husband who didn't mind making the three hour drive with me. Surprisingly, Forks was absolutely beautiful. The actual town isn't much to see (though I visited all the Twilight points of interest with all the other 13 year-old girls visiting Forks), but the area around Forks is awesome.

Here are a few pictures. I'd also like to note that this really was a Seattle trip to visit friends. Unfortunately, our camera broke just after we left Forks so I don't have any pictures of Seattle or Portland.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love it. I love Forks. I love Twilight (but not as much as I love Eclipse). And I love you!

Laura

Lisa said...

That is so cool!!! I totally want to go there someday! It looks so beautiful. I think I'm going to have to reread the books now. I can't wait for the movie to come out. I hope it's as good as the books...it sure has a lot to live up to.

Anonymous said...

I love that you went to Forks! I love those books too, and it was so fun to see actual pictures of the place. It's amazing how many people really loved that series! It was great! Can't wait for the next book this August!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

fun! =) the funny part is you really do picture it like that in the book...hope you had fun!

Julie and Devin said...

I loves those books and I love that you took the side trip to Forks.

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

Hey! I love these books too! When i read the books i really wanted to go see forks! I am really excited to read the last book! Your little boy is so cute! :) have fun