This past week our little family went to southern California. As usual, Clark had business, so Stockton and I decided to tag along. This is the first trip we've ever taken with just the three of us and we has such a good time! Stockton gets an A+ for staying happy through it all, including the 10 hour car ride.
We we're only there about three days, which was perfect for Stockton's travel patience. The first day we just played at the pool and then drove around Hollywood in the evening. The second day was by far the best because we went to Disneyland. I was a little apprehensive about going because I didn't know if Stockton would be able to enjoy it at his age, but he was a trooper and had a lot of fun. He didn't have the magical, running from ride to ride Disney experience, but more of the wonder and awe feeling and fascination of it all. After every ride we took him on he would say, "again" but then felt confused that we had to wait in line again. His favorite ride was either Dumbo or Peter Pan, but probably the best part of Disneyland for Stockton, was the playground and water fountain in Toon Town. No surprise there really. The last day we went to Huntington Beach. I thought Stockton would go nuts here because of his obsession with water, but it was more of a love-hate relationship. He loved going in the ocean, but was a little scared of the waves and the cold water. He liked making sand castles but was absolutely terrified to walk on the beach. We were only there about an hour before we gave up and went back to our hotel to swim.
Overall, a very successful trip and one that we will have happy memories of.
10 years ago



4 comments:
Looks like you had so much fun! Some of my favorite family trips are to Disneyland/Beach. I've been taking Reagan every year since she was 2 and she likes it more and more each year.
How fun! I love Disneyland! I'm glad Stockton had fun, we are going there in the fall and I was worried if Kooper would like it also. I love your pictures!
I am so glad you had such a fun trip! I grew up going to Huntington Beach and Disneyland and I have some great memories. next time you may have to come a little further south and visit us!
Hi Maquel! I'm glad you found our blog! It is good to hear from you. I read your blog and it is nice to hear that you're all doing well. I watched your David Letterman video! That is so funny. I can't wait to show Bryan. Keep in touch!
Mindy
Post a Comment