Tuesday, June 3, 2008

John Adams


I don't normally post about the books that I have read but John Adams was such a challenge that I decided I deserved bragging rights for finishing it.

In all honesty, it is an amazing book and one that I would recommend. It's just that it's extremely long and non-fiction, which doesn't make it a page-turner. However, in retrospect, I think it is one of the most inspiring books I've read. It has definitely made me more grateful for the country in which we live and the sacrifices our founding fathers made. If nothing else, the book is an enjoyable way to learn more about American history. And I finished it! Yay!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations for finishing the book. And congratulations for posting. Hooray!

I like the new background. Kind of what we were going for that first day, huh?

Lisa said...

Hey, wasn't that the book you were reading when you came to visit me? Great job on finishing it!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

my parents actually got to meet this guy and they say he is amazing...I am sure what he writes is just the same!