Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breakthrough

I haven't tried to keep the fact that I'm an obsessed Twilight fan a secret. Sure, I'm a tad embarrassed that I've read all three books three times in a matter of three weeks, and even more embarrassed that I took a sidetrip to Forks, WA last March while visiting Seattle. But, at least I've been honest about my obsession. I have been willing to embrace the fact that I am as silly as your average thirteen year-old girl.

However, I have had a "growing-up" experience that is definitely worth documenting. As most of you know--since I haven't hesitated advertising it on my blog--the fourth and final installment of the Twilight saga, Breaking Dawn, is being released on Saturday! I have my wristband and plan on attending the Midnight party at Barnes N Noble. Because of this much anticipated event, I've been rereading the first three books to prepare. Well, after reading for almost two weeks now, I'm only about 3/4 of the way through the first book! I've hit a wall! I actually get bored when I read them. I get so bored, that I think I will stop. Wow!

I'm sure this is just a phase--I'll take back all my words of blasphemy on Saturday when I get the last book. But, until then, I consider this a breakthrough.

3 comments:

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

Haha! I love it! I am totally excited to finish up the series, too. I wonder if she will really marry edward. I hope so, since I love him!

Lisa said...

You are so funny Maquel! You'll read Breaking Dawn on Saturday and realize why you love the books! I'm not so lucky and don't have a wristband though. I'm just hoping Walmart will still have a copy left when I show up sometime on Saturday. :)

Alysha said...

I am going to go ahead and admit that I cannot wait for Breaking Dawn and i don't plan on doing anything this weekend but reading. We will see how you do!