For one day its time for Dad to run the blog.
For about the last year Stockton has been my 'mow lawn' helper. Last Saturday a random passing runner took off her headphones and said I needed to record him helping me. So this week Maquel pulled out the video camera for some of our mowing fun.
We've long known that Stockton is a special boy. Unfortunately, others rarely get to see the real Stockton because his ability to communicate is still very underdeveloped and he particularly struggles in social situations. However, to me this video seems to explain Stockton, the little boy, as well as anything. He is the most innocent soul I've ever met, with a pure enjoyment for the simple things in life, and through whom the love of God is shown almost daily (John 9:2-3) - as long as he's gotten his sleep.
Most Saturday nights Stockton expresses in his prayers, "thankful for mow front-yard and for mow back-yard." A few hours later, even greater thanks are offered by the other participant.
Here's a higher quality video, but you'll need a good internet connection:
14 comments:
So-o-o-o sweet!!
Oh my goodness! I've got tears in my eyes! That was the sweetest thing! Stockton definately is such a special boy! And he's lucky to have you two as parents!
That is priceless. Thanks for sharing!
I love Stockton and Clark and Maquel. And baby girls. Oh all right, I love Tawny, too.
Loved it! I've never met Stockten (except in utero :) and yet I love him. I know he must be very special indeed.
Among the best videos I've ever seen. I wish I had a reason to mow the lawn.
That brought tears to my eyes, too! What a couple of special guys. You are so smart to record it, I'm sure you will watch it over and over as your boys(Clark and Stockton, or course) grow up.
That brought tears to my eyes too...and cheeks and then my shirt...until I finally went and got a tissue. I love Stockton and love that his parents also love the little things and take time to record them.
I love that video. It brings tears to my eyes. I watched it over and over. Stockton is such a cute little guy and it’s touching to see how much he loves to follow his dad. I also think you are very talented as a videographer!
I was very impressed with the video, but the real brilliance is to bring, so perfectly, a loveable little boy, situation and music together.
Thanks for sharing that video, guys. It softened my day.
What a sweet video and a special little guy! Thanks for sharing.
That is so cute! It made me cry! Glad to see that I'm not the only one.
That was so cute!
Hi there! I followed a link from Thierry's blog to watch the sweet video. How awesome that he's your "mow lawn helper". It just made me so happy to watch that. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment