Thursday, February 14, 2013

ABC Stuff

This winter has been COLD!  I never want to leave the house but with three year-old twins at home I also go a little crazy cooped up all day.  I was a much better mother with Stockton.  I'd take him on an outing everyday.  More for my sake than for his--it passed the time.  But with the girls, outings require much more work and I sometimes I don't think it's worth the effort.  Then I feel guilty that the twins aren't having the same opportunities Stockton had. 

Which brings me to ABC stuff.  Because I haven't been going anywhere, my girls have watched a lot of TV this winter (which I hate).  So I decided to become creative and steal my sister-in-law's ABC Stuff to give us something to do during the day and also so my girls brains don't turn to mush.  So far, it has been really fun for everyone involved and we are all happier. 

Here is a glimpse of our A-week.  Art projects are not my forte, but I've been surprised that being creative isn't that hard.  Just so long as I get to steal someone else's idea.  Stockton has also been surprised by my creative juices.  He came home from school one day and saw the following art projects on the fridge.  He asked me if the girls did those while he was at school.  I told him they did.  Then he asked, "Did they do them at Aunt Laura's house?"  I guess it will take a long time before my kids think I'm creative.




1 comments:

April said...

I love the ABC idea. That was very creative and great job finding all the A things around the house. :) You are such a good mom and wife and a good example to me!