Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Garden House of Cedar City

Clark and I have some secret ambitions to retire in the next ten years and move to Cedar City. That may seem shocking to most of you--what is in Cedar City after all? Honestly, not much, but that is one reason we love it. It is kind of a small town, but still has most conveniences. Only 40 minutes from St. George, 2 hours from Las Vegas, 3 hours from Salt Lake--so not completely in the boondocks. It is home to the Utah Shakespearean Festival, in which my family annually participates. And, it is also home to The Garden House of Cedar City, this cute little house turned restaurant. They have the best soups and sandwiches ever!

Yesterday, Clark had business in Cedar City and suggested that I tag along. At first, the idea didn't sound appealing--I didn't really want to drive there and back in one day--but, I decided that the chance to go to The Garden House was worth it. That may sound a little extreme. Who really drives three hours to go to a restaurant (Christine, you're the exception)? But, it was worth every minute. Clark and and I had the best time together. We dropped Stockton off at Grandma Ginger's and had the whole quiet trip just to talk! My spirits were definitely lifted for the day. It was the perfect trip on a whim!

2 comments:

Reid and Christine Family said...

It's the impulsive trips that are so fun! I've never tried the Garden House (or heard of it for that matter) and I lived in Cedar City for an entire year! Is it new? I'm glad the trip was worthwhile.

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

i can totally see you living there =) let's get together next week! we should go do something outside before it gets to COLD!