Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And So It Begins . . .

We are going to begin potty-training Stockton tomorrow. Yikes! I'm a little apprehensive about the whole process considering bribery has little to no impact with Stockton. Unfortunately, there is no treat or toy that will motivate him. On the plus side, he acts very ready: he doesn't mind sitting on the potty and even asked to go at preschool today, but we have never had any luck catching it. And, considering he is turning three in a couple of weeks, I think it's time to push the matter. I'm open to any suggestions. We're planning to stay home and have a very boring next few days, so we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck! I'm just going to refer you to my posts about potty training and the advice that was given there. Just remember it's different for every kid. The first 48 hours were horrible for us, then something clicked for Tucker and he had it down. He is very independent so timers didn't work well for us, being naked helped a lot, he would pee in the underwear at first because it probably felt like a diaper to him. Once he was going consistently naked, we progressed to the undies. Ah the joys of parenthood...

Reid and Christine Family said...

I hear boys are harder (or different) to potty train than girls. We used the method from the book "How to Toilet Train in Less than a Day" although it probably took 2 or 3 days of reinforcing.

Good Luck and You'll need a lot of patience.

My only real advice is stick with it - don't give up. Then it just gets confusing and will be even harder next time you try.