Recently, Clark and I decided that we needed to make an addition to our home and purchased a time-out chair for Stockton. So far, it has been a really good buy. Stockton will often kick and scream getting his diaper changed or putting his clothes on, but is a perfect angel after he's had his time-out. It usually takes just a couple of minutes. Sometimes he'll try to act really angry while he's sitting on his chair; other times he tries to change the subject by asking for different things; but the last few times, he just smiles at us and tries to charm his way out of his punishment. In the end, he does what we want him to do, so it isn't much of a concern to me. I have the hardest time not laughing, though.
Well, in church last Sunday, Stockton was behaving really badly. He was being loud and throwing things at the people behind us, so he earned himself a time-out. As I was walking him out of the chapel, he was grinning from ear to ear and saying for everyone to hear, "Time-out, time-out." Well, you can probably guess that he tried to charm his way out his this one. I give you exhibit A, taken on Clark's camera phone:
Now, Stockton won't usually smile for pictures, but a picture in time-out, why not? His smile was even bigger just before this.
I have know idea when Stockton decided time-outs were fun. Clark and I never give into him and usually ignore him completely, but we may have to rethink our strategy. Stockton's behavior last Sunday took three time-outs, the last being an angry time-out.
9 years ago
1 comments:
That's so funny! I have the hardest time keeping Koop on the stupid chair. How's the potty training? I'm scared to do it! :)
Post a Comment